Collins English for Life A2 Pre-Intermediate: Listening
Series: Collins English for Life
Author: Flint, Chris & Flockhart, Jamie
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Description: Improve your listening with a new skills book from Collins, for pre-intermediate (A2) learners of English.
To improve your listening skills, you need to hear real conversations. That's why Listening (A2) is based entirely on authentic, everyday interactions to help you understand what is said to you in a variety of different situations.
Listening (A2) is based on 20 authentic recordings so you practise listening to real English in a range of accents by native and non-native speakers. From talking about family and daily life, to discussing work and travel, Listening (A2) will help you understand what is said to you in real life situations and make sure everything you learn is useful.
Listen to real people talking about:
• Where they live
• Work, studies and career
• Life in a town, city or another country
• Sharing a house
• Music and sport
• Travel and tourism
Collins Listening (A2) is part of the English for Life series. It is suitable for self-study and classroom use, and can help towards Cambridge ESOL KET exam preparation. Suitable for pre-intermediate learners of English (CEF level A2).
• Twenty units with a clear design in full colour.
• Authentic recordings of both native and non-native speakers of English, covering a wide variety of accents from around the world.
• Appendices contain detailed advice targeting specific listening skills.
• Mini-dictionary with definitions of the most difficult words in each unit, taken from the Collins COBUILD dictionary.
• Answer key
The English for Life series uses authentic material from the Collins Corpus. The 4.5-billion-word Collins Corpus is the world's largest database of the English language and is updated every month.