face2face Pre-intermediate (2nd Edition) Student's Book with DVD-ROM
Series: face2face Pre-intermediate (2nd Edition)
Author: Redston, Chris & Cunningham, Gillie
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Description: For busy teachers who want to get their students really communicating, face2face is the flexible, easy-to-teach General English course that helps adults and young adults to speak and listen with confidence. Unlike other courses, face2face is informed by Cambridge English Corpus and its vocabulary syllabus has been mapped to the English Vocabulary Profile, meaning students learn the language they really need to know at each CEFR level. What's more, face2face actually teaches students to listen better by drawing their attention to the elements of spoken English that make it so hard for them to understand. And by giving students time to formulate the ideas and language they want to use before they speak, face2face helps to build both spoken fluency and accuracy.
• Self-contained double-page lessons that are teachable off the page with little or no preparation. Now with a completely new page layout designed to be simpler and even easier to navigate.
• Vocabulary selection informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and English Profile.
• New video-based Real World lessons in every unit.
• Free, fully-interactive DVD-ROM with exercises in all language areas, including 100% new video material, games, recording capability, progress chart and customisable tests.
• 'Help with' sections teach students how English really works. There's 'Help with Listening', 'Help with Grammar', 'Help with Vocabulary' and an all-new 'Help with Pronunciation at Elementary and above; 'Help with Sounds' at Starter; and 'Help with Fluency' at Upper Intermediate.
• Strong emphasis on reviewing and recycling in every unit, including Quick Reviews at the beginning of each lesson.
• Resource website for teachers containing a placement test, including oral test; mapping to the CEF and the UK Adult ESOL Core Curriculum; downloadable wordlists translated into 12 languages; and guidance and worksheets for using the DVD-ROM.