Macmillan English Explorers is an exciting new reading programme developed specifically for children learning English in kindergartens and primary schools. Written with second language learners in mind, these books expose children to real language and develop their reading and vocabulary skills.
• Stories have been written using high-frequency words, plus story-specific words which as far as possible are clarified by illustrations
• High-frequency words ....
[show more]have been taken from the UK National Literacy Strategy and correlated with the Ladybird Key Words list and the words most commonly used by L1 children in their own writing
• Phonetically-regular words are included where they can be used in a meaningful and contextualized way, but not to the detriment of the storyline
• Each Reader contains one complete story with some of the characters reappear at higher levels, providing a sense of continuity and familiarity to the reader
There are eight levels in the Macmillan English Explorers series, each consisting of several genres, including traditional tales, contemporary real-life stories, and comic characters.
Each Reader contains one complete story, and some of the characters reappear at higher levels, providing a sense of continuity and familiarity to the children.
• Comprehension Books at each level include activities for vocabulary building, as well as development of wider reading strategies
• Teacher's Books contain copies of the Readers pages plus expanded teaching notes
• Phonics Books, teaching the fundamentals of the phonemic system, accompany the first four levels of the series
• An Audio Cassette at each level contains dramatized readings of the stories