The READING & TRAINING series is composed of illustrated graded readers, aimed at teenagers and adults. The readers are graded into six levels - from elementary/pre-lower intermediate to post-intermediate - according to internationally recognised criteria for structural grading.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and socioc....
[show more]ultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, with phonetic transcription of more unusual words
• exit tests
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'.
Audio CD/CD-ROM Features:
• a full recording of the text playable on any CD player.
• variety of graded activities to help develop ability in all four skills
• in-depth work on selected topics related to the story with a special emphasis on lexis development
• practice in either British or American pronunciation and spelling
• easy to understand instructions so that the activities can be done either in class or individually at home
• comprehensive help section offering more information about the content and a complete list of the vocabulary used
• compatible with both PC and Macintosh systems