Written for upper intermediate to advanced learners and students working with English and Mandarin Chinese, this one-way English to Chinese dictionary includes in-depth coverage of contemporary English with modern Chinese translations.
This dictionary continues a successful collaboration between the two well-known publishing houses of Collins and the Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. Working with an international team of linguists, both partners have mobilized their enormo....
[show more]us documentary, lexicographical and textual resources to present this detailed analysis of the latest developments in the English and Chinese languages.
• Includes up-to-date coverage of everyday and technical vocabulary.
• Provides users with thousands of usage examples based on Collins Corpus, a 4.5 billion language database, showing English as it is actually used in context.
• Contains hundreds of extra language notes to help the user gain a more in-depth understanding of the way in which the English language is used by native speakers.
• Usage differences between British and American English clearly shown.
• Includes phonetics given in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
• Irregular inflected forms of English words written in full.
A range of supplements includes information on various aspects of language and culture in the UK and US.