To succeed in college classes, students need step-by-step instruction in the concepts and skills of academic writing. The newly expanded Engaging Writing series fully supports the needs of intermediate to advanced learners, using thematic lessons, ample modeling, academic vocabulary, and fully integrated instruction in the writing process.
• Well-crafted instructional sequence allows for both progressive skill building and varied learning experiences
• Appealing, appropriate ....
[show more]range of themes and topics stimulate discussion and provide clear direction for writing
• Multiple realistic models include step-by-step demonstrations demonstrating how revision is essential to effectively completing an assignment
• Guided prewriting activities include brainstorming, outlining, and drafting in the context of case studies
• Appendices include a review of grammar and mechanics with exercises and a guide to citation and summarizing