English File's unique, lively and enjoyable lessons are renowned for getting students talking.
How will English File get your students talking?
• Lessons and activtities that provide the neccessary language, motivation and oppportunity for students to talk with confidence.
• Learner's build confidence to communicate with a proven balance of Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and skills development in every File.
• Teachers and students have access to a....
[show more]ll their English File resources - video, audio, worksheets and much more - in one easy to manage place.
• New and updated texts, topics and listenings, based on feedback from English File teachers.
• NEW Teacher's Resource Centre allows you to manage all English File resources and teaching materials in one place online.
• NEW video listening activity integrated in to each even numbered File. These short documentaries and dramas make class time more dynamic and exciting.
• NEW Classroom Presentation Tool shows the course content on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
• NEW Online Practice provides learners with extra practice activities for each File and allows them to check their progress.
• Online Practice includes NEW Sound Bank videos, with unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds and NEW interactive videos where students can take part in the Rob and Jenny drama themselves.
• Award-winning Say It app develops students confidence with pronunciation and allows them to see their intonation and stress. Includes English File wordlists and Sounds Bank charts.
English File fourth edition has built on tried and trusted methodology and contains uniquely motivating lessons and activities that encourage students to discuss topics with confidence.
The course offers a range of materials that you can use according to your student's needs and the time and resources you have available:
Student's Book with Online Practice allows students to practise and develop their language skills, catch up on lessons they have missed and track progress with Online Practice.
Workbook reinforces each lesson and can be used as extra practise during class, or set as homework.
Enhanced Video integrated into the Student's Book. Video listenings integrated into each File and Practical English activities follow the entertaining drama with Rob and Jenny.
Extra Video on Online Practice with Sound Bank Videos that give the students the unique opportunity to listen to a clear model of the English sounds and interactive videos that allow students to practise the langauge from the Practical English lessons.
The Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre gives you everything you need to create flexible lessons that work for your students.
Classroom Presentation Tool shows the course content, on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
Quick Tests and File tests for every File, as well as Progress Tests, an End-of-course Test, and an Entry Test, which you can use at the beginning of the course.
Teacher's Resource Centre:
• All your English File resources available to manage online or download in one place.
• All the Student's Book audio/video files and scripts
• Detailed lesson plans from the Teacher's Guide
• Answer keys
• All the photocopiable activities from the Teacher's Guide, including customisable versions
• All the Workbook audio files and scripts
• Tests and assessment material, including: an Entry Test;
• Progress Tests; an End-of-course Test; a Quick Test for every File; and complete test for every File. There are A and B versions of all the main tests and audio files for all the Listening tests
• CEFR documents
• Find your access code in the Teacher's Guide to log in to the English File Teacher's Resource Centre for the first time.
• Online Practice offers a variety of digital resources and interactive elements to use both inside and outside the classroom.
• Look again: students can review language from every lesson.
• Practice: extra Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking practice. Plus extra video content that includes:
• Interative video to practise the language from the Practical English lessons that follow the Rob and Jenny drama
• Sound Bank videos offer students the unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds
• Video listening activities integrated into each File.
• Check your progress: students can test themselves, get instant feedback, and try an extra challenge.
• Resources: All Student's Book audio, scripts, wordlists, dyslexia-friendly texts, and CEFR Language Portfolio.
• The access card for Online Practice can be found at the back of the Student's Book.
Classroom Presentation Tool
• The Classroom Presentation Tool captures students' attention with full-screen activities, audio and video on screen.
• Deliver the Student's Book on-screen via your interactive whiteboard, projector or classroom display device.
• Launch activities straight from the page, and play audio and video at the touch of a button.
• Use online or offline, on a tablet or computer, and your notes and web links will update across your devices.
• Quick and easy set up on Oxford Learner's Bookshelf.
What is a MultiPACK? It is the 1st or 2nd Half of the Student's Book bound with the relevant Half of the Workbook. Ideal for Short Courses.