This new bilingual learner's dictionary with CD-ROM is specifically designed for Latin American students of English.
New pocket-sized bilingual dictionary with wide, up-to-date coverage of Latin American Spanish and American and British English.
The new Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes latinoamericanos de ingles contains the latest vocabulary, information on how to use words, Latin American Spanish translations, and a focus on dictionary skills.
Includes example se....
[show more]ntences, notes on grammar, vocabulary and culture, a full-colour Picture Dictionary, "I can talk about..." section, and study pages.
The CD-ROM includes the new iGuide, an interactive tutorial to help students make the most of their dictionary.
• More than 72,000 words, expressions and examples
• More than 61,000 translations
• Up-to-date words, phrases, and translations reflecting today's Latin American Spanish and American and British English
• Oxford 3000 keyword entries show students the most important words to know in English
• More than 700 usage notes on grammar, culture, and difficult or confusing words and phrases
• Shows students how to pronounce words correctly, and shows where British English pronunciation is different
• "I can talk about..." pages focus on topic-based vocabulary building and helping students develop dictionary skills
• Communication section, with activities to develop speaking skills in real-world situations
• Study pages include help with punctuation and modal verbs, geographical names, false friends, and writing letters and emails
• CD-ROM includes the full text of the dictionary, pronunciation of all English headwords, a Topic Dictionary, a Picture Dictionary, exercises, games, the Genie instant look-up facility, and the iGuide