This fully updated second edition provides a comprehensive and readable introduction to teaching young learners. It gives an accessible overview of the issues, including child development, L1 and L2 learning, L2 skills, vocabulary and grammar, learning to learn, materials design, and policy issues. Integrating theory and practice in an accessible way, it draws on up-to-date research and classroom practice that is internationally relevant.
Each title in the series is intended to serve both....
[show more] as a basis for training courses and seminars, and as a reference text.
• Systematic incorporation of ideas related to technology across all chapters
• Discussion of current trends in the field of teaching young learners, including CLIL, online learning, issues of assessment, 21st century skills, and ways of giving children more agency in their language learning
• A new chapter on intercultural awareness for young learners
• Updates to research and practical examples, and new tasks
• An extended final chapter on classroom research, complete with innovative ideas for researching with children
• Extra resources are available on the website: www.oup.com/elt/teacher/teachingyll