How Vocabulary Is Learned presents the major issues that relate to the teaching and learning of vocabulary. Written by leading voices in the field of second language acquisition, the book evaluates a wide range of practical activities designed to help boost students' vocabulary learning.
• How many words should students learn at a time, and how often.
• How much classroom time should be spent teaching vocabulary.
• The best way to group vocabulary for....
[show more] learning.
• Why it is useful to provide students with the L1 translations of unknown words.
• Why some students make greater progress than others.