Inside Reading Second Edition is a five-level academic reading series that develops students' reading skills and teaches key academic vocabulary from the Academic Word List.
With a new Introductory level, Inside Reading Second Edition prepares students to understand academic texts, while acquiring key academic vocabulary from the Academic Word List.
Each unit in Inside Reading features two high-interest reading texts from an academic content area, reading skills relevant to the aca....
[show more]demic lesson, and targeted words from the Academic Word List.
• Explicit reading skills, such as inference, working with graphs and tables, annotating and highlighting, and recognizing context clues, provide the foundation for effective, critical reading
• High-interest texts from academic content areas, such as psychology, engineering, the arts, technology, and business, motivate students
• Systematic acquisition of the entire Academic Word List through targeted receptive and productive activities creates independent word learners
• Examples from the Oxford English Corpus teach real-life English
• NEW! Introductory level
• NEW! Digital Resources for Teachers - iTools digital resources build language proficiency through authentic videos, audio, and whole-class vocabulary activities