Literature provides teachers with accessible pedagogy and practical advice for using literature in the classroom in learner-centred ways.
• Focuses on ways in which both language development and literature learning can be achieved through careful design of tasks.
• Provides numerous activity ideas for a wide range of classroom contexts and types of literature.
• Makes reference to recent publications as well as more familiar, well known works of liter....
• Includes topics such as choosing texts and approaches, working with genres, and working with literature and other media.
• Extra resources are available on the website: http://www.oup.com/elt/teacher/itc
This title is part of the highly regarded Into the Classroom series - short, practical guides that help teachers who work in the primary and secondary school setting to make sense of new teaching tools, techniques, and educational policy, with ideas for implementing them in the classroom.