This prize-winning, readable introduction to research in language acquisition is recommended reading for second language teachers worldwide.
Now in its 4th edition, How Languages are Learned is highly valued for the way it relates language acquisition theory to classroom teaching and learning and draws practical implications from the research for the language classroom.
How Languages are Learned is widely-used as a reference book on teacher training courses, and for new and exp....
[show more]erienced practising teachers.
• Relates theories of first and second language acquisition to what actually goes on in the classroom
• Uses activities throughout to explore the practical implications of the ideas presented
• NEW Updated content gives teachers information about recent research on L2 learning
• NEW Activities and Questions for Reflection personalise content and support critical thinking
• NEW Extra Activities, Study Questions, and videos available online at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/hlal