A split edition of Oxford's best-selling secondary course delveloped for language schools teaching teen learners in the UK and Ireland. Solutions offers a tried and trusted methodology alongside fresh and diverse material that will spark your students' interest and drive them to succeed.
The split edition of the Solutions Student's Book offers three units packed full of interesting content to keep students of all abilities fully engaged and motivated - perfect for short courses.
Each unit contains eight lessons, all of which focus on a particular skill, including vocabulary, grammar, reading, speaking, and writing. New to the third edition are specific listening and word skills lessons, to help develop well-rounded, confident communicators.
Additional resources, including exam skills trainer sections and extra speaking practice help consolidate what students have covered in the lessons. The supported approach to speaking, writing and exam practice ensure every student can achieve success.
• Designed specifically for language schools in the UK and Ireland.
• A broad range of lesson types focusing on key skills, including vocabulary, grammar, reading, speaking, and writing, all with 100% new content.
• NEW listening and word skills lessons help develop confident communicators.
• Exam skills trainer sections prepare students for typical school-leaving/Cambridge tasks, and provide them with the language, strategies, and exam skills they need to achieve success.
• Extra speaking task sections provide additional opportunities for speaking practice.
• Grammar builder pages with each unit provide extra practice exercises for students who need additional support.
• Grammar reference pages allow learners to check grammar rules.
• Vocabulary builder with each unit allows students to learn and practice new vocabulary.
The Solutions approach to teaching and learning English is based on the 'motivate, activate, achieve' objective.
• Interesting and diverse content keeps students fully engaged and motivated
• Create inspiring lessons with a wealth of additional resources, including optional lesson openers, culture lessons with DVD clips, and project work
• 'I can' statements and unit reviews encourage students to reflect on their progress, and recognise their achievements
• New comprehensive listening syllabus activates every student, whatever their level, and helps to develop confident communicators
• Supported approach to speaking and writing build students' confidence
• New word skills lessons encourage students to use new vocabulary
• Regular exam practice and preparation activities, as well as specific 'exam skills trainer' sections in the student's book, ensure that students are well prepared for their exams
• Critical thinking and project work develops skills for the real world
• Skills development and recycling new language helps every student succeed
What is a Split Edition? It is usually the 1st or 2nd Half of a Student's Book, this Split Edition is the Student's Book divided into 3 Parts. Ideal for Short Courses.