A brand new adult course based on academic research as to how adults best learn languages and extensive classroom research.
Navigate is a brand new, six-level General English course tailored exclusively to adults. The course takes an innovative approach to reading and listening based on academic research as to how adults best learn languages. It teaches reading and listening from the bottom up, giving learners the skills they need to understand the next text they will read and hear, not j....
[show more]ust the one they are reading or hearing now. The content has been extensively piloted and reviewed in ELT classrooms across the world, giving teachers the confidence that it really works.
Your direct route to English success:
• Coverage of the Oxford 3000 means learners are only learning the most relevant vocabulary
• Driven by learning outcomes and end goals of adult learners, whether they are learning English for work, study or social life
Based on extensive academic and classroom research:
• Student materials have been thoroughly tested and piloted in ELT classrooms across the world - giving teachers confidence that it works
• Innovative approach to skills development grounded in academic research
Truly adult and truly international:
• Inspiring information-rich content with a genuine broad international feel
• Relevant topics and content for aspirational adult learners
• Innovative skills strand takes a bottom-up decoding approach to listening and reading.
• Equal weight given to grammar and vocabulary learning - giving learners the language they need to communicate in the world today.
• Clear aims and outcomes throughout - all content has been aligned with the CEFR from the start.
• Learners are immersed in relevant adult themes and issues from around the world.
• Focus on vocabulary systems and vocabulary-building techniques.
• Real world video content provides integrated listening practice.
• Speaking practice throughout each lesson to help learners become more confident at using new language in the real world.
The Teacher's Guide:
• Extensive lesson notes with additional pedagogical support offering tips on teaching cultural appropriacy, small talk and critical thinking.
• Make the most of your time in the classroom - flexible content allows you to cover the core essentials in class and tailor extra work and practice for at home
• Get to grips with the course methodology with articles from our expert course consultants and advisers, include in the Teacher's Guide
More support for teachers:
• Bring your classroom to life with Navigate iTools
• Extra resources and support on the Teacher's website help to make lesson planning easier
• Keep your learners on track with editable unit, progress and exit tests on the Teacher's Resource Disc