English for Football is an ideal short course for anyone who plays football, coaches players or manages a team.
English for Football is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students who want to communicate better in English in the world of football.
This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly.
English for Football can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or....
[show more] alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
English for Football gives students the communication skills they need in the world of football.
English for Football focuses on vocabulary and expressions used in this global sport. Training, tactics and skills are covered along with topics such as nutrition, fitness and treatment.
English for Football is specifically designed for students at beginner and elementary level, so that students with low levels of English can comfortably acquire the language needed to communicate in football.
• Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
• Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
• STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
• OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
• Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
• Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice