Learn to use the most important words and phrases in English topic by topic
A three-level topic-based vocabulary course to learn and practise the words that learners need to know at each CEFR level, based on the Oxford 3000™ and 5000™.
Oxford Word Skills improves students' vocabulary and vocabulary-learning skills. Short, clear presentations and lots of opportunity for practice give students the confidence to use new vocabulary. 100 units at each level mean they cover a huge ra....
[show more]nge of topics and everyday situations. The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary app, or OALD app, provides pronunciation and more information about the meaning and usage of words.
• learn over 2,000 words and phrases in each of the three books
• improve your vocabulary-learning skills
• practise the words in context
• study 100 units (20 extra!) with more practice
• use in the classroom and/or for self-study
Oxford Word Skills covers the words that upper-secondary and young adult learners need to use English in real life, based on the updated and CEFR-levelled Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™. Revised and updated for the Second edition, now with 100 units (20 extra) and more practice.
With over 2,000 key words at each level and plenty of opportunity to practise, students can cover exactly the vocabulary they need. The Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ word lists provide core vocabulary that every learner of English needs to know, graded by CEFR level.
It is ideal for use either in or outside the classroom. Each unit introduces just the right amount of vocabulary for students to learn and remember in one session and explains the new words using real-life contexts and situations. Oxford Word Skills presents and practises the words, phrases, and lexical grammar students need to listen, speak, read, and write confidently on a wide range of topics and everyday situations.
Oxford Word Skills includes 1 year's access to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary app, enabling students to listen to the pronunciation of each new word and do exercises on pronunciation in the books. They can also use the app to look up the meaning of any word or phrase they don't know.
Includes 1 year's access to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary app
• Listen to the pronunciation for the new words taught in the book and use the app to do the pronunciation exercises
• Check the pronunciation and meaning of any words in the books
• Access the full A-Z offline to look up any word in the dictionary, anytime, anywhere
• Learn more about the key vocabulary in the books (e.g. grammar, more examples, notes on usage, CEFR level)
• Practise your pronunciation: listen to the real voice audio for words, record yourself and then play back to compare