An exceptionally strong skills training programme which covers language skills, phonics, and civic education skills.
This six-level course offers a fast-paced syllabus and a wide range of optional resources to support a high number of teaching hours per week. The series starts with an optional pre-school course, First Friends , before children move on to Family and Friends.
• One third of each unit is dedicated to skills training. The step-by-ste....
[show more]p approach focuses on writing and early literacy skills to build children's confidence in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
• One in six lessons is a phonics lesson to train children to recognize and produce English sounds. At levels 1-3 the lessons are supported by flashcards, and by more activities on the Student MultiROM.
• The civic education syllabus educates children in good values and behaviour. The Photocopy Masters Books at levels 1-2 include 15 values worksheets.
• The Testing and Evaluation Book and the test builder element of the Teacher's Resource CD-ROM help teachers to evaluate children's progress.
• One lesson per page with clear lesson objectives makes the course easy to teach.
• Accompanying resources, including the Grammar Friends series, skills series, Teacher's Resource Pack, course readers, and Teacher Resource CD-ROM allow teachers to focus on additional skills training and means the course can fit different teaching programmes per week.