Economics Skills and Practice is aimed at the new 2011 Economics Diploma programme and is suitable for Higher and Standard level. Packed full of examples and activities this new series takes the IB student step-by-step through the essential skills development needed to be successful in the course and examination. Special attention is paid to unpacking the language of the subject with plenty of workbook-style exercises to engage students and reinforce the lessons learnt in the course. Detailed gu....
[show more]idance on the new mathematical elements of the Higher Level syllabus will provide extra reinforcement and build confidence.
• Plenty of activities to practise essential skills, improving exam performance
• Information on designing, selecting and using diagrams to explain challenging concepts
• Unpicks tricky terminology and guides the correct use of language, supporting your EAL students
• Includes lots of examples and model answers to ensure full comprehension and strengthen exam potential
• Detailed, step-by-step guidance on the new quantitative element of the syllabus to help students succeed in this new syllabus area
• Helpful guidance and advice on the Internal Assessment and the Extended Essay, ensuring high-quality work
About the series: Cement student confidence and fully embed all the key skills central to IB study. IB Skills and Practice provides learners with the essential practice needed to enable confident skills application, tangibly building capabilities for IB assessment.
1: FOUNDATIONS OF ECONOMICS
2: MICROECONOMICS: COMPETITIVE MARKETS
3: MACROECONOMICS: THE LEVEL OF OVERALL MACROECONOMIC ACTIVITY
3: INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS: INTERNATIONAL TRADE
4: DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
5: HOW TO WRITE AN EXTENDED ESSAY IN ECONOMICS
6: ADVICE ON THE ECONOMICS INTERNAL ASSESSMENT EXERCISE
7: COMMAND TERMS AND THEIR USE IN THE ECONOMICS SYLLABUS