Ensuring confident development of all the crucial skills central to IB assessment, this focused study-tool comprehensively addresses all the assessment areas of the 2008 syllabus at SL and HL. Including a full section on source analysis and packed with examiner guidance and strategies for tackling assessment tasks, this book supports exceptional achievement.
• Develop all the core skills - activities and exercises around note-taking, effective reading, referencing and working with....
[show more] sources - all in an exam context - will strengthen students' potential
• Relate skills-development to assessment - so students know how to apply their learning and fully demonstrate their skills in exams
• Support students with the extended essay - a dedicated chapter includes skills-based practice on essay writing, refining research, collating evidence, source evaluation, guidance on IB marking criteria and more
• Cover each part of the IA in detail - support for introduction, summary of evidence, evaluation of sources, analysis, conclusion and worked cited lists will strengthen achievement in this area
• Ensure creativity and critical thought - a chapter on TOK covers this critical aspect, helping you develop reflective, independent and outward-looking learners
• Demonstrate exam standards - lots of student samples, examiner hints and comments will help students understand what to expect
About the series: Cement student confidence and fully embed all the key skills central to IB study. IB Skills and Practice provides learners with the essential practice needed to enable confident skills application, tangibly building capabilities for IB assessment.
1. Key skills for the study of history at IB
2. Paper 1: working with sources
3. Papers 2 and 3: essay writing
4. The Internal Assessment: the Historical Investigation
5. The Extended Essay in History
6. Revision Skills
7. Theory of Knowledge