The only DP Biology resource developed with the IB to accurately match the new 2014 syllabus for both SL and HL, this completely revised edition gives you unparallelled support for the new concept-based approach to learning, the Nature of science.. Understanding, applications and skills are integrated in every topic, alongside TOK links and real-world connections to drive inquiry and independent learning. Assessment support directly from the IB includes practice questions and worked examples in ....
[show more]each topic, along with focused support for the Internal Assessment. Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, this Course Book gives unrivalled insight and support at every stage.
• Accurately cover the new syllabus - the most comprehensive match, with support directly from the IB on the core, AHL and all the options
• Fully integrate the new concept-based approach, holistically addressing understanding, applications, skills and the Nature of science
• Tangibly build assessment potential with assessment support straight from the IB
• Written by co-authors of the new syllabus and leading IB workshop leaders
• Supported by a fully comprehensive and updated Study Guide and Oxford Kerboodle Online Resources
• Also available as a fully online Course Book
About the series: The only DP resources developed directly with the IB, the Oxford IB Course Books are the most comprehensive core resources to support learners through their study. Fully incorporating the learner profile, resources are assessed by consulting experts in international-mindedness and TOK to ensure these crucial components are deeply embedded into learning.
1. Cell Biology
2. Molecular Biology
5. Evolution and biodiversity
6. Human physiology
7. Nucleic acids (AHL)
8. Metabolism, cell respiration and photosynthesis (AHL)
9. Plant biology (AHL)
10. Genetics and evolution (AHL)
11. Animal physiology (AHL)
12. Option A: Neurobiology and behaviour
13. Option B: Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
14. Option C: Ecology and conservation
15. Option D: Human physiology