The only DP Chemistry resource developed with the IB to accurately match the new 2014 syllabus for both SL and HL, this revised edition gives you unrivalled support for the new concept-based approach to learning, the Nature of science.. Understanding, applications and skills are integrated in every topic, alongside TOK links and real-world connections to truly drive independent inquiry.
Assessment support straight from the IB includes practice questions and worked examples in each topic....
[show more], alongside support for the Internal Assessment. Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, this Course Book gives unparalleled insight and support at every stage.
• Accurately cover the new syllabus - the most comprehensive match, with support directly from the IB on the core, AHL and all the options
• Fully integrate the new concept-based approach, holistically addressing understanding, applications, skills and the Nature of science
• Tangibly build assessment potential with assessment support straight from the IB •Written by co-authors of the new syllabus and leading IB workshop leaders
• Supported by a fully comprehensive and updated Study Guide and Oxford Kerboodle Online Resources
• Also available as a fully online Course Book
About the series: The only DP resources developed directly with the IB, the Oxford IB Course Books are the most comprehensive core resources to support learners through their study. Fully incorporating the learner profile, resources are assessed by consulting experts in international-mindedness and TOK to ensure these crucial components are deeply embedded into learning.
1. Stoichiometric relationships
2. Atomic structure
4. Chemical bonding and structure
6. Chemical kinetics
8. Acids and bases
9. Redox process
10. Organic chemistry
11. Measurement and data processing
12. Atomic structure (AHL)
13. Periodicity (AHL)
14. Chemical bonding and structure (AHL)
15. Energistics/thermochemistry (AHL)
[show more]hemical kinetics (AHL)
17. Equilibrium (AHL)
18. Acids and bases (AHL)
19. Redox process (AHL)
20. Organic chemistry (AHL)
21. Measurement and analysis (AHL)
22. Option A: Materials
23. Option B: Biochemistry
24. Option C: Energy
25. Option D: Medicinal chemistry