This book fully addresses all the components of this new course, which ranges from anatomy and physiology to psychological skills training to nutrition. Full of activities, illustrations, diagrams and photographs, this book will bring the subject to life and provide a deep understanding of the science behind the body and physical activity, clearly relating this to human well-being. Included are the essential IB elements of TOK, international-mindedness and the learner profile, so you can trust y....
[show more]our teaching links up with the IB ethos.
• Make sure students fully understand - lots of full colour diagrams, illustrations and photographs clearly explain scientific concepts
• Trust that everything is covered - the entire syllabus is addressed in an accessible format
• Provide the best exam preparation - lots of activities are included along with support for all aspects of the examination
• Know learning is in line with the IB ethos - support for TOK, international-mindedness and the learner profile is included
• Be confident in quality - written by an experienced IB teacher
About the series: The only DP resources developed directly with the IB, the Oxford IB Course Books are the most comprehensive core resources to support learners through their study. Fully incorporating the learner profile, resources are assessed by consulting experts in international-mindedness and TOK to ensure these crucial components are deeply embedded into learning.
1. Musculoskeletal anatomy
2. Cardio-respiratory exercise physiology
3. Nutrition and energy systems
4. Movement analysis
5. Skill in sport
6. Measurement and evaluation of human performance
7. Training to optimise physiological performance
8. Environmental factors and performance
9. Non-nutritional ergogenic aids
10. Individual difference in sport
11. Motivation in sport and exercise
12. Arousal, anxiety and performanc....
13. Psychological skills training
14. Overtraining, stress and burnout in adolescent athletes
15. Physical activity in health
16. Nutrition for sport and exercise
17. Internal assessment and practical work
18. Preparing for your exams