English World is a 10-level course created by the best-selling authors of titles such as Way Ahead and Macmillan English. It offers a unique blend of first-language learning and teaching methodology combined with the needs of the non-native student. A wealth of reading material is presented as the vehicle for teaching grammar accuracy, along with fluency in writing, speaking and listening, and strategies for vocabulary building.
• 'Check-in' pages for each unit pr....
[show more]epare students for the unit theme and topic, as well as introduce the unit's key aims and topic and discussion tasks to get students thinking about the topic
• In levels 7-8 the Student's Books feature a group of UK teenage characters who are taking part in an international website project with other teenagers from around the world including Canada, Russia, Egypt, Brazil, Australia and India. These provide the background for many of the dialogues and listening activities
• Reading texts with a focus on different text type genres. Wide range of text types and topics (including cross-curricular topics (including fiction and non-fiction types
• Comprehension activities include critical thinking questions and an emphasis on students' own responses
• Language development: dictionary work, word formation and building
• Grammar and grammar-in-use lessons
• Listening and speaking lessons
• Writing (further extended upon in the Workbook)