A self-study or classroom book and CD package focusing on the topics and language structures required by pilots and air-traffi c controllers preparing to gain ICAO level 4 language requirements. The book contains 30 two-page units. Each unit is focussed on a unit topic and contains activities to practise speaking and listening skills as well as activities to develop key vocabulary. Tasks are similar to those commonly found in aviation English exams. Listening exercises use plain English recordin....
[show more]gs as well as RT exchanges and also feature routine and non-routine situations.
• Ideal for use alongside Aviation English and for ICAO level 4 preparation
• The accompanying Audio CD features recordings for the listening activities and recorded model answers for the speaking activities
• Tests every five units reviewing topics and language from the preceding units as well as general practice tests at the end of the book
• Topics include: approach delays, lack of fuel, aircraft breakdowns, bomb scare, problems linked to flight plan, ATC system breakdowns, industrial action and ground services
• RT content verified by the Oxford Aviation Academy