Straightforward has been revamped in a second edition, with much of the content updated and made more relevant to our ever-changing world. New topics, articles and exercises appear within a fresh new design.
All the old teachers' favourites are still there - meaning it will still be a joy to teach with. Each unit is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, with t....
[show more]he flexibility to pick out key sections to focus on certain language points. All language is clearly signposted and scaffolded so there is great clarity of progression of learning - students can really feel they are getting somewhere.
There are extra communication pages and unit reviews, plus new videos, online material and photocopiables to extend and add to a lesson. The CEFR plays a prominent part in the second edition with clear signposting, self-assessment opportunities and the invaluable portfolio. The Teacher's Book and supporting website have tips, photocopiables and information.
Student's Book: For ease of use and practicality Straightforward Second Edition is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, and there is the flexibility to pick out certain key sections to focus on certain language points.
• CEF/Self-Assessment- Each unit culminates in a self-assessment box so students can check and monitor their own progress and become more independent learners. The checklist is a selection of clear 'can-do' statements and therefore links to the CEF and portfolio elements of the course
Functional Language - This section helps students to deal with common, every-day situations in an English-speaking environment - what we might think of as survival language
• Vocabulary - Difficult and out of context words from the text are presented in the glossary so students are not distracted by these lexical hurdles
• Grammar - Clear and uncomplicated grammar explanations present new grammar elements. Students are always supported by the Language Reference pages at the back of their book allowing them to further work on a difficult area and understand the language
• Reading - Texts are accessible for the relevant level, realistic and from a variety of different sources/contexts
• Functional Language- Students are not expected to learn in a vacuum and their interests and curiosities are met with 'Did you know' sections