Straightforward has come of age and has been treated to a review, revamp and facelift. Much of the content has been updated and made more relevant.
A lot of the content has been updated and made more relevant to our ever changing world. You'll find new topics, articles and exercises plus a fresh new design. You won't lose out on the old favourites though - they are still there with a facelift!
We've put a lot of emphasis on word lists and lexical features and th....
[show more]ere is a vocabulary builder with activities from the new supporting online component.
The strength of the Teacher's Book has been built on with the addition of a Teacher's Resource disc that includes six 2-3 min video clips per level from the BBC and ITN, photocopiables and new methodology videos from Jim Scrivener's Learning Teaching 3rd Edition. There is a Teacher resource website with additional reading texts and teaching support.
The CEFR still plays a prominent part in the series and there is even clearer signposting and self assessment.
There is a new supporting online component - no more worries about installation or CD-ROMs sitting untapped at the back of the Student's book. The content of the previous CD-ROM is now accessible through a code in the Student's Book available via the website plus a whole host of other features such as...
• 130+ interactive activities per level
• Interactive word lists with pronunciation, bespoke practice straight to your inbox and the option to edit and add L1 definitions
• 12 video clips with interactive practice from the BBC and ITN
• A markbook facility that Teachers can link to and follow the students' progress
• pick-up-and-use practicality - great for new teachers
• Intuitive, easy-to-follow format
• Flexible and adaptable for more experienced teachers
• Supported by one of the most comprehensive Teacher's Books around