Straightforward has been revamped in a second edition, with much of the content updated and made more relevant to our ever-changing world. New topics, articles and exercises appear within a fresh new design.
All the old teachers' favourites are still there - meaning it will still be a joy to teach with. Each unit is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, with t....
[show more]he flexibility to pick out key sections to focus on certain language points. All language is clearly signposted and scaffolded so there is great clarity of progression of learning - students can really feel they are getting somewhere.
There are extra communication pages and unit reviews, plus new videos, online material and photocopiables to extend and add to a lesson. The CEFR plays a prominent part in the second edition with clear signposting, self-assessment opportunities and the invaluable portfolio. The Teacher's Book and supporting website have tips, photocopiables and information.
Workbook: The Workbook provides extra language and vocabulary practice that supports the units of the Student's Book making it ideal for homework.
• All Workbook and some Student's Book texts are read aloud on the accompanying CD for extra listening and pronunciation practice
• Translation- Students at the lower levels are given the opportunity to link the language learnt with their own language
• Each Workbook has a complete Macmillan Reader for the relevant level at the back of the book allowing students to naturally expand their language outside of the everyday classes
• Series of dictations for them to check their understanding
• Special feature at lower levels is that all writing work is contained here, in the back of the Workbook, covering a wide variety of genres pertinent to students' everyday needs