Straightforward has been revamped in a second edition, with much of the content updated and made more relevant to our ever-changing world. New topics, articles and exercises appear within a fresh new design.
All the old teachers' favourites are still there - meaning it will still be a joy to teach with. Each unit is structured to provide one lesson per double-page spread (A/B/C/D), lasting around 90 minutes. All lessons are interlinked to promote better and more memorable learning, with....
[show more] the flexibility to pick out key sections to focus on certain language points. All language is clearly signposted an scaffolded so there is great clarity of progression of learning - students can really feel they are getting somewhere.
There are extra communication pages and unit reviews, plus new videos, online material and photocopiables to extend and add to a lesson. The CEFR plays a prominent part in the second edition with clear signposting, self-assessment opportunities and the invaluable portfolio. The Teacher's Book and supporting website have tips, photocopiables and information.
• Straightforward Practice Online a brand-new online self-study resource with interactive language practice, video exercises (wit content from the BBC and ITN), an interactive word list and a markbook viewable by the teacher
• Intuitive, easy-to-follow format
• The pick-up-and-use approach is perfect for new and busy teachers
• Flexible and adaptable for more experienced teachers
• A strong emphasis on reading and vocabulary
• Supported by one of the most comprehensive Teacher's Books around, now with methodology videos from Learning Teaching 3rd Edition, class videos, tests and photocopiables