Gateway is an academically rich, multi-level general English course designed to lead teenage students to success in school-leaving/university entrance examinations, and prepare them for university and the world of work. The course aims to stimulate the interest of students by providing them with content that is genuinely interesting, meaningful and thought-provoking. Topics range from cross-curricular and international cultural topics to up-to-date information about popular life and culture. Fro....
[show more]m modern and classic literature to pop songs and from curious information about English-speaking countries to text messages; the lengthy authentic and semi-authentic texts are connected to school-leaving exam topics and address the concerns of this particular age group.
• Topic-based units - including school-leaving exam topics; going to college/university; leaving home; future careers; literature; politics; travel; the world we live in; content-based texts from other subjects e.g. ecology, law, science
• Exam preparation - exam-style practice activities throughout the unit with exam and study skills tips
• Exam practice sections after every 2 units practising 'new' language
• An extended study skills and exam skills section at the back of the book that supports and connects to hints and tips within the units
• Many authentic texts (longer/more weighty than in many young adult courses) with grammar and skills activities