Advanced Skills is a must-have collection of photocopiable activities for advanced level students. Each activity includes one to three photocopiable pages for students and step-by-step teacher's notes that allow busy teachers to slot these materials into any lesson and use along any coursebook with minimum preparation.
The book contains a wealth of authentic material and realistic tasks that engage students and develop all four skills simultaneously. It explores popular topics from origin....
[show more]al angles keeping students motivated and making learning fun.
This resource book comes with an Audio CD to support the listening activities. The recordings offer a range of genres from radio and television broadcasts to political speeches and conversational dialogues, exposing students to a range of accents.
Finally, the book includes many tasks which could be used as extra practice material with students preparing for the main Cambridge exams (CAE, CPE, IELTS).
Map of the book
Section 1. Reading: 1. Dreams: new country, new life
2. Technology: beware technology!
3. Work-life balance: women at the top
4. Relationships: love contracts
5. Futures: the post-human era
6. Emotions: the pursuit of happiness
7. Rights and wrongs: don't copy - it's cheating!
8. Narratives: a pistol shot
9. The unexpected: what a coincidence!
Section 2. Listening: 1. Dreams: my achievements....
2. Technology: what does technology mean to you?
3. Work-life balance: go for it!
4. Relationships: best friends
5. Futures: say what you mean and mean what you say
6. Emotions: what makes you see red?
7. Rights and wrongs: sorry!
8. Narratives: first impressions
9. The unexpected: men's work?
1. Dreams: a view of the future
2. Technology: technology and fraud
3. Work-life balance: are you a workaholic?
4. Relationships: are you the oldest, the youngest or in the middle?
5. Futures: life chances
6. Emotions: charity begins at home
7. Rights and wrongs: tough choices
8. Narratives: magic moments
9. The unexpected: it's just an illusion
Section 4. Writing: 1. Dreams: dream on!
2. Technology: are you a slave to your mobile
3. Work-life balance: the right person for the job
4. Relationships: can I help you?
5. Futures: life behind bars
6. Emotions: a cry for help
7. Rights and wrongs: traffic calming
8. Narratives: unforgettable!
9. The unexpected: we smoke less but surf more
CD track listing
Exam reference table
Thanks and acknowledgements.