New Cutting Edge
is the best-selling adult course known throughout the world for its practical approach to task-based learning
. Combined with a comprehensive grammar and skills syllabus, the course has a strong emphasis on vocabulary and pronunciation. Self-study CD-ROMs
and software for interactive whiteboards
make it even more engaging for learners.
With a task-based learning approach, the main objective is for students to use the language that they know in o....
[show more]rder to achieve a particular communication goal. Generally focussed on speaking, tasks are opportunities for in-class communication which encourages fluency and confidence.
From Starter to Advanced, each level of New Cutting Edge features:
• A comprehensive syllabus with thorough grammar, vocabulary and skills work
• Systematic vocabulary building which focuses on high-frequency, useful words and phrases
• Clearly-structured tasks to encourage student fluency and confidence
Challenge your students with the 'Study, Practice, Remember' sections.
Motivate your students with the self-study CD-ROMs which have additional grammar and vocabulary practice, plus 'Real life' video sequences.
Engage your students with New Cutting Edge Digital - software for interactive whiteboards.
Mini-dictionary included inside every Student's Book
• Make your lessons varied and interesting using the Teacher's Book with step-by-step teaching notes and loads of photocopiable activities
• Get as much test material as you want using the Test Master CD-ROM - fully editable tests for all stages of the course
• Make your lessons even more engaging and student-centred using New Cutting Edge Digital - software for the interactive whiteboard
• Excite your students with rich, cultural content using the documentary-style videos and accompanying workbooks
• Make lesson planning easier using the Companion Website - worksheets, webquests, Common European Framework benchmarking documents all available at www.longman.com/cuttingedge
MyCuttingEdgeLab provides an online learning environment where teachers can assign tasks for students to complete outside of class. Activities are automatically graded and placed in the student gradebook for the teacher to view.
• Better mapping of student progress
• Personalisation for learners enabling teachers to identify where students need extra support
• A range of communication tools enabling teachers to set tasks and provide feedback outside of the classroom
New Cutting Edge Elementary takes students from A1 to A2 level of the CEF.