A comprehensive second edition for History for the IB Diploma Paper 2, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Authoritarian States covers paper 2, World History Topic 10: Authoritarian States (20th Century) of the History for the IB Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017.
Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced examiners and teachers, Authoritarian States offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following detailed studies from ar....
[show more]ound the world: Mussolini and Italy, Hitler and Germany, Mao and China, and Castro and Cuba.
Authoritarian States offers a variety of benefits for learners including, a wide range of primary and secondary sources helping to develop students' analytical skills and links to Theory of Knowledge concepts designed to stimulate reflective discussion.
• Authoritative and comprehensive text, written by experienced examiners.
• Structured to cover one topic per title to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
• Detailed studies from around the world are included for centres to choose from according to their interests, helping students make comparisons between two different regions.
• Activities throughout the chapters encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
• Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
• Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support for EAL learners.
• Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.
Unit 2. Mussolini and Italy: 2. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Italy
3. Consolidating and maintaining power
4. Fascist policies and their impact
Unit 3. Hitler and Nazi Germany: 5. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Germany
6. Consolidating and maintaining power
7. Nazi policies and their impact
Unit 4. Mao and China: 8. Emergence of an authoritarian state in China
9. Consolidating and maintaining power
10. Mao's policies and their impact....
Unit 5. Castro and Cuba: 11. Emergence of an authoritarian state in Cuba
12. Consolidating and maintaining power
13. Castro's policies and their impact
Unit 6. Exam practice