Covers in full the requirements of the IB syllabus for Biology for first examination in 2016.
The second edition of this well-received coursebook is fully updated for the IB Biology syllabus for first examination in 2016, comprehensively covering all requirements.
Get the best coverage of the syllabus with clear assessment statements, and links to Theory of Knowledge, International-mindedness and Nature of Science themes. Exam preparation is supported with plenty of sample exam que....
[show more]stions, online test questions and exam tips. Chapters covering the Options and Nature of Science, assessment guidance and answers to questions are included in the free online material available with the book.
• Definitions of key terms displayed alongside the text for easy reference.
• Glossary at the back of the book.
• Links to Theory of Knowledge, International-Mindedness and Nature of Science themes.
• Written in accessible language.
• Learning objectives emphasise the key content in each section.
• Clear demarcation of Standard Level and Higher Level material.
• Free additional online material, including Options chapters, practice questions and assessment guidance.
• New digital versions of our textbooks are coming in 2015 and will offer an enriched learning experience through material such as animation, video and audio content, and/or self-marking quiz, assessment questions and personalisation of table of contents.
1. Cell biology
2. Molecular biology
5. Evolution and biodiversity
6. Human physiology
7. Nucleic acids HL
8. Metabolism, cell respiration and photosynthesis HL
9. Plant biology HL
10. Genetics and evolution HL
11. Animal physiology HL
Answers to test yourself questions
Option A. Neurobiology and behaviour
Option B. Biotechnology and bioinformatics
Option C. Ecology and conservation
Option D. Human he....
[show more]alth and physiology
Model exam papers and mark schemes
Nature of Science
Answers to exam-style questions
Answers to Options questions.