An expertly written French B course now updated for first examination 2020, providing students with thought-provoking materials to help them develop strong language skills and solid critical thinking.
The coursebook helps students develop their French language skills as they explore the five themes from the new IB Diploma Language B guide: identities, experiences, human ingenuity, social organisation and sharing the planet. Each unit begins with 'big questions' that get learners thinkin....
[show more]g about global topics such as, 'how do we express our identity?' These help students appreciate wider issues before developing their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills through international texts, practice exercises and activities in the style of the exam. Answers to questions and audio files for the listening exercises are in the teacher's resource.
• Big questions at the start of each unit introduce important world issues and ensure students' learning reflects the mission of IB Diploma - 'to create a better world through education.'
• Listening activities in each unit help students practise this essential skill and prepare them for the new assessment. Audio for the listening activities is in the teacher's resource.
• Activities in the style of the exam give students the opportunity to develop their language skills while preparing for the new assessment.
• Sections on literature give higher level students the opportunity to practise for their individual oral exam.
• Links to Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Extended Essay (EE) and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) help students make connections with the IB Diploma Core.
• Conceptual Understanding and Approaches to Learning are fully integrated into the coursebook, encouraging students to improve these skills.
• A specific section on text types, updated to conform to the new Guide, helps students master different types of text.
1.1. Je suis, tu es, nous sommes
1.2. Vivre autrement
1.3. En pleine forme !
1.4. Langues et langages
2.1. Les voyages forment la jeunesse
2.2. Je me souviens
2.3. Je veux etre adulte !
2.4. À la recherche d'une vie meilleure
3. Ingeniosite humaine
3.1. Science, technologie et societe
3.2. Les arts et nous
3.3. Les arts, miroir des societes francophones....
3.4. Le monde vu par les medias
4. Organisation sociale
4.1. Moi et mes proches
4.2. Moi et les autres
4.3. Études et emploi
4.4. L'ordre public
5. Partage de la planète
5.1. Planète bleue, planète verte
5.2. Nos droits à tous
5.3. Conflits et paix
5.4. Quel dilemme !
6. Types de textes.