A fun course to get young children ready to learn in English.
Through themed units - from 'homes' to 'play time' - children learn letters, colours, numbers and more. Each book covers one term and includes three units. Every unit includes a story, from traditional tales such as Goldilocks, to stories in familiar settings like the classroom. Activities (including songs, stickers, games and matching) help children develop speaking, listening and motor skills along with early comprehension, r....
[show more]eading and writing skills. Each unit encourages learners to build vocabulary by relating content to their experiences - the first steps of critical thinking and active learning. Opportunities for differentiation allow learners to progress at their own pace.
• Topics from a range of subjects, including science and maths, prepare children to learn in English across the curriculum.
• The learner's books and activity books include exercises to support differentiation so that all learners can make progress.
• A comprehensive and easy to follow teacher's resource provides everything you need to lead lessons with confidence.
• Children reflect on what they have learnt in the 'Look what I can do!' section at the end of each unit, an important step in becoming a successful learner.
• Bring your lessons to life with the accompanying Digital Classroom resource, which includes videos, on-screen activities, animations and audio.
• A 'Think about it' feature at the start of each unit gets children thinking about a topic, drawing on prior knowledge and developing early critical-thinking skills.