Embark on a journey beyond the traditional boundaries between exam preparation and real-world language with Open World Preliminary.
Open World is an exciting new course from Cambridge for B1 Preliminary which takes you further. Embark on a journey beyond the traditional boundaries between exam preparation and real-world language. Each unit in the Student's Book explores a different topic, allowing students to build up their confidence as they acquire the language and skills needed for eve....
[show more]ryday English situations as well as exams. A unique exam journey maximises students' performance, providing a systematic route to exam success. Exam Training tasks expose the learners to each exam question-type, giving them the confidence to progress to full task practice in the Exam focus, drawing upon Exam tips and Exam facts throughout. Real World sections open up language knowledge with listenings, videos and texts introducing common yet surprising expressions, while mobile animations spark learning before or after class with Grammar on the move.
• The Workbook and Test Generator provide additional exam practice and two complete practice tests provide a valuable run-through of the full exam.
• Grammar videos provide opportunities for flipped learning - students can watch the grammar videos before class, or use them as a revision aid.
• Dynamic documentary videos and texts in the Real World sections provide an insight into real life situations around the world, and how to get by in them.
• Launch mobile animations, before or after class, to spark learning with Grammar on the move.
• Exam tips and Exam facts given throughout the Exam focus pages develop the students' strategies for exam success. Each unit has a separate exam focus with full exam tasks and a familiarisation task.
• Push yourself sections extend students' capability and confidence to an even higher level. These sections allow students to stretch to the CEFR level above their current exam.
• The Real World pages add an extra layer of authenticity to each unit, giving the learners a chance to demonstrate the English abilities they need to communicate effectively in the open world.
• Each Real World lesson ends with a link to a Life competence: a life-long skill taken from The Cambridge Framework for Life Competencies.
• A Grammar reference, Phrasal verbs, a Writing bank and a Speaking bank all provide extra reference and practice.