ACTIVE Skills for Reading is an exciting five-level reading series that develops learners' reading comprehension and vocabulary skills. Written by reading specialist Neil J. Anderson, the new edition of this best-selling series uses an ACTIVE approach to help learners become more confident, independent and active readers.
A = Activate Prior Knowledge C = Cultivate Vocabulary T = Think About Meaning I = Increase Reading Fluency V = Verify Strategies E = Evaluate Progress
• New thematic readings feature realistic passage types including articles, journals, blogs, and interviews.
• New Critical Thinking sections encourage students to analyze text and the author's intent.
• New Review Units help students improve reading rate and fluency.
• Updated website includes online quizzes and Internet research activities.
• Updated Assessment CD-ROM with ExamView Pro covers TOEFL and IELTS task types.