Spotlight on Advanced is a comprehensive course that has been revised to be in line with the new Cambridge English exam specifications for January 2015. It prepares adults and younger learners to excel in the revised exam.
An exciting new feature of this revised edition is the Ideas Generator. Test takers need to generate ideas to pass the Speaking and Writing papers of the exam. The Ideas Generator uses National Geographic videos to stimulate students' interest in common exam topics, hel....
[show more]p them build ideas about these topics and gather the language they need to effectively write or speak about them. After each video lesson students will have a bank of ideas, functional language and vocabulary tied to eight topics that commonly appear in the exam.
One of the most difficult parts of the exam for students is the Speaking Test. The Speaking Test videos and worksheets will prepare students by getting them to engage with simulations of all four parts of the Speaking test.
• Comprehensive exam preparation • Grammar reference with activities • Speaking Exam photos • Writing Guide with model answers, useful expressions and tips • Beautiful new National Geographic design
• The Student Book comes with a DVD-ROM which contains: • Full speaking Test audio • 8 National Geographic Videos • Designed to generate ideas and good test answers • Contains Class Audio
New to this Edition:
• National Geographic video and Ideas Generator syllabus Feedback from teachers tells us that students often have problems with the speaking and writing NOT because they don't know how to say something but because they don't know WHAT to say. This is particularly true of younger candidates who have less experience of the world. There are 8 NG videos which provide a launching pad to help students generate ideas and form opinions. The strategies include: • Mindmapping a topic • Seeing things from another person's point of view • Asking yourself 'wh' questions
• New Speaking Test video A 'real' unscripted Speaking Test with an examiner and two candidates. Students analyse the candidates' performance through worksheets in the Student's Book.
• There is a brand new full Practice Test in the Student's Book (in addition to the updated Practice Test in the Exam Booster Workbook).
• Beautiful new National Geographic design