This split edition contains the first half of Student's Book 4 and the first half of Workbook 4, making it suitable for use as a short course.
is a new four-level course that keeps teenage students motivated and focused to achieve better learning outcomes. It builds on the successful approach used by the same authors in the bestselling Upbeat course.
Students can enter the course at any of the four levels. Levels 2, 3 and 4 include starter units to revise and c....
[show more]onsolidate the key grammar and vocabulary before moving on. Diagnostic tests, which are a part of the extensive testing and assessment package, help you decide which level to start with.
• Realistic communicative activities help students to start using their English immediately.
• Carefully structured lessons focus on both written and verbal communication skills.
• Interactive functional videos activate language quickly.
• Native English-speaking teenagers in video blogs cover topics that appeal to students' interests.
• Functional videos, grammar and pronunciation animations make learning effective and fun.
• Interactive activities in the eTexts and MyEnglishLab keep students focused.
• Regular revision sections consolidate students' knowledge and build awareness of what they already know.
• A comprehensive testing and assessment package allows teachers and students to track how well they are doing.
• MyEnglishLab improves student results and allows teachers to monitor performance.
The Students' Book contains 10 units that build and consolidate students' knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, functional language and systematic development of the 4 language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Language Revision helps students monitor their own progress through self-assessment while Skills Revision gives students practice question types from the Trinity, KET and PET exams.
The Workbook follows the Students' Book structure:
• Exercises are at two levels of difficulty to cater for Mixed Ability Classes.
• Each input lesson ends with a Grammar Summary, with examples and simple rules. Language Round-Ups give extra practice and provide Self-check score boxes and an Audio answer key so students can check their knowledge.
• Skills Practice Pages focus on reading, writing and listening.
The Teacher's Book has background notes, student's book pages, Scripts for class and workbook audio, and an answer key for exercises.
The Teacher's Resource Materials in pdf format include teaching notes, answer keys, audio scripts and background notes as well as extra activities and an assessment package.Optional extra activities help you tailor the course materials to the needs of your individual classes and students:
Look Forward exercises at start of unit prepare students for the unit topic
• Extra practice
• Motivator worksheets
• Summative Round-up worksheets
The Testing and Assessment Package has:
• A diagnostic test for the start of the course to assess the level of students.
• Individual unit tests focusing on grammar,vocabulary and functions.
• Two skills tests every two units.
• Summative tests every two units to assess students' knowledge at key points.
• End-of-year tests to assess students' knowledge.
• A and B versions of all tests.
A version of all the tests is provided for students with specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia.
MyEnglishLab is an online platform that helps students to practise their English outside class and for teachers to continue to interact with them.
Live Beat MyEnglishLab for Students
• An interactive version of the entire Workbook.
• Extra skills practice.
• Video blogs with follow-up activities to consolidate learning.
• Additional Five Days drama video activities for more exposure to the authentic use of English.
• Pronunciation activities with record and playback.
• Useful tips for activities and instant feedback to tests to explain why an answer is right or wrong.
Live Beat MyEnglishLab for Teachers
• See how your students are progressing at a glance with the Gradebook.
• Understand your students' common errors and see who's making them with the Common Error Report.
• Assign tasks to a whole class, groups of students or individual students.
• Send feedback to your students.
The Teacher's e-Text enables you to:
• Zoom in and out of the page, conjure up audio scripts and answers at the touch of a button,highlight words and phrases.
• Capture your students' imagination with animations, video clips, vlogs and games.
• The eText also contains teaching notes, motivator worksheets, tests, word lists and phonetics charts.
The Students' eText is designed for individual use on a tablet or PC. With all the interactivity of the Teacher's eTexts - but not the answers (or teacher-specific materials) the Students' eText can be used instead of a print version of the Students' book.
What is a Combo? It is the 1st or 2nd Half of the Student's Book bound with the relevant Half of the Workbook. Ideal for Short Courses.