The new, eight-level course that teaches business English and business skills
Business Partner gives students the practical training they need to bridge the gap between the classroom and the world of work. It helps learners to make measurable progress in learning English while helping to make them more employable.
Business Partner does not assume any knowledge of the workplace, and is designed for students with no work experience. It also provides many suggestions and alternati....
[show more]ve ways to use the material for those students already in work.
Each level is written to a syllabus based on the Global Scale of English Learning Objectives for Professional English to help learners evaluate their progress.
Real Life Business Content:
• Authentic video content introduces unit topics, exposing students to real English and the sorts of issues they may encounter in their careers.
• Financial Times articles provide reading practice to build on the topics discussed in the videos, further exposing students to authentic English.
• Students work on case studies that allow them to practise their business and communication skills in realistic professional contexts.
Building Communicative and Business Skills:
• The course builds two sets of skills - communication and practical business skills - which students practise together in the business workshop case studies.
• Practical skills training include negotiating, presenting, building relationships and small talk.
• An innovative video-based training programme helps build the communication skills, including supporting teamwork, listening actively, collaborating, solving problems, and influencing.
Building Language Skills:
• Students acquire functional language and practise all the skills, including writing, grammar and pronunciation.
• The task-based approach incorporates presentation and practice, with a lot of communicative pair and group tasks and projects.
• There are multiple opportunities for writing practice across all the lessons, with a full writing lesson in each unit.
The authentic video content features real-life business stories, providing information and key language relating to business topics.
The dramatised videos of real work situations feature a range of accents and demonstrate dealing with professional challenges to help students develop communication skills, such as influencing and listening actively.
Flexibility for Teachers and Learners:
• The course allows teachers to pick and choose their lessons to suit their students. While units are linked by theme, each lesson stands alone and can be taught independently.
• Additional resources, such as the Reading Bank, Writing Bank and Functional Language Bank, provide extra support for students, while teachers can use a range of extra activities to extend and add variety to a class.
• Business Partner is a blended course where the coursebook works as a standalone component with signposts to a range of supplementary digital materials.