Hopscotch is a six-level primary series that follows an accessible, traditional, easy-to-teach methodology with a speaking and listening focus in the early levels and reading and writing introduced explicitly from Level 3 onwards.
Filled with engaging National Geographic photographs and content that captures the imagination of young learner, Hopscotch introduces language and skills through a fun and friendly cast of main characters - a boy, girl, crocodile, parrot and bear!
• Fascinating photographs showcase the real magic of the world and engage the pupils' attention.
• Students lay the groundwork for language by being introduced to the communicative skills of English in the earlier levels before tackling reading and writing skills in later levels.
• Project work not only provides a great way to use the language in a productive way but also encourages collaborative work and problem solving - key 21st century skills.
• Picture stories introduce natural language and vocabulary through simple and accessible story-lines
• Special on-line downloads give guidance and support for teaching pupils with specific learning needs and challenges.
• I can!' sections based on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) develops pupils' self-assessment skills and highlight their progress
• 'Wonderful World' cultural lessons open a window on different global cultures and introduce a fun class project to get all pupils involved.
• DVD Club' spread in each unit delivers language input and supports young pupils.
• Lots of drawing, craft, and stickers in the full-colour Activity Book help develop coordination and motor skills as well as provide a fun and engaging way to learn.