New Challenges helps students become more effective learners and better citizens of the world through personal development. The information-driven approach in New Challengesencourages teenagers to think about the world around them and provides lively achievable tasks, building their confidence, creativity, participation and performance. With New Challengesteachers make lessons educational, successful and fun!
Students move from a beginner level into secondary methodology which then prep....
[show more]ares them for a more formal learning environment. Levels 1 and 2 cover the key objectives in the Council of Europe's Waystage level (A2), corresponding to CESOL's KET exam. Levels 3 and 4 cover all the key objectives in the Council of Europe's Threshold level (B1), corresponding to CESOL PET exam, as well as some of the objectives in the Vantage level (B2). The Workbook and Multi-ROM include preparation and practice for these exams.
• related to students' own world (friends, shopping, films, neighbours, holidays, sport)
• cross-curricular (science and technology, history)
• develop citizenship education (belonging and identity, diversity, awareness of disability)
• about other cultures around the world (lifestyles, charity concerts, technology)
• Get Ready page introduces topics
• first lesson presents grammar through reading texts and practice
• second lesson develops reading, presents vocabulary and practises speaking
• third lesson develops the story with a focus on speaking and listening
• Across Cultures lessons with reading, speaking project work
• Your Challenge writing tasks and Understanding Grammarspots
• the end of every module has a language check and learner development spot
• Fact or Fiction texts extend students' language by deciding whether information is true or false
• Time Out magazine with fun activities like puzzles, games and reading for pleasure.
• Picture Dictionary