Listening is now regarded by researchers and practitioners as a highly active skill involving prediction, inference, reflection, constructive recall, and often direct interaction with speakers. In this new theoretical and practical guide, Michael Rost and JJ Wilson demonstrate how active listening can be developed through guided instruction.
• Brings together research and practice in teaching listening to language learners
• Provides a bank of easy-to-use....
[show more] activities organized around 5 strands of active listening
• Provides guidance to teachers on how to adapt activities for their classrooms
• Offers teachers blueprints to create their own activities
• Proposes concrete ways for practitioners to conduct their own classroom research