21st Century Communication
is a four-level series that uses powerful ideas from TED Talks to teach learners to think critically and communicate effectively. Through authentic models of effective communication, students build fluency in the listening and speaking skills needed to achieve academic and personal success.
• TED Talks are used to develop essential 21st century skills, including critical thinking, collaboration, and visual literacy.
• Speaking, pronunciation,....
[show more] and presentation skills, inspired by TED speakers, prepare learners to speak confidently in any situation.
• Extended listening based on real-world situations and TED Talks provide listening and note-taking practice.
• Online Workbooks include the entire audio and video program, and automatically graded language practice activities - ideal for both hybrid and blended courses.
21st Century Reading was created through a partnership between TED, a nonprofit dedicated to spreading ideas through short, powerful talks and National Geographic Learning. 21st Century Reading provides the ideal forum for learners of English to make connections with topics ranging from science to business to global issues. Using TED Talks as the springboard to share ideas, this new four-level reading series shows learners how to understand and respond to ideas and content in English.
• Featuring extraordinary stories presented by inspiring thinkers and doers, TED Talks ignite curiosity and introduce learners to ideas which can change the world.
• TED Talks use authentic language, delivered by experts in their field, providing learners with models of English that are real and relevant to their academic studies.
• Critical and Creative Thinking skills - including analysis, evaluation, synthesis, reflection, inference, and problem-solving - are fully integrated into every unit, to help learners develop academic skills.
• Scaffolded reading and vocabulary tasks guide learners to a better understanding of the key ideas, skills, and language.