Includes contributions from ELT experts including Nik Peachey, Gavin Dudeney, JJ Wilson and Nicola Meldrum.
21st Century Skills in the ELT Classroom - A Guide for Teachers is part of the new Garnet Teaching Skills Kit [TSK] series of teacher handbooks. Each book in the TSK series will follow a narrative from the point of view of the teacher, to support and inform ELT teachers in their profession. The books will have a strong practical, 'classroom-ready' focus underpinned by theory prese....
[show more]nted in an accessible way.
This book is a teacher reference book designed to support teachers through the integration of 21st century skills into mainstream ELT, EAP and ESP courses. The introduction of 21st century skills into ELT materials is becoming increasingly prevalent and can present teachers with a number of challenges. This book aims to provide the ideas and support needed to integrate 21st century skills work into ELT teaching practice.
We hope readers will be able to apply the underpinning theories, general principles and, above all, practical ideas in the book to their day-to-day teaching
• Specifically written to support teachers in their everyday work.
• Content includes many examples of practical application.
• Relevant to the modern-day ELT classroom.
• Avoids the use of jargon and written in a way that makes the content highly accessible.
• Grounded in the reality of ELT teaching.