This book has been designed for adult students studying ESOL at schools and colleges in the United Kingdom. It is also ideal for students who are interested in learning grammar in the context of UK culture.
The material take the key grammatical structures at Entry Levels 1 and 2 from the Adult ESOL core curriculum as its basis.
The rationale underlying the book is to make grammar accessible, relevant and memorable. A bold and eyecatching design have been used to reinforce these thr....
[show more]ee aspects of the book.
Key features of the course include:
• 30 units matching the ESOL curriculum;
• accessible explanations;
• attractive full-colour format;
• graded practice activities;
• focus on language patterns;
• contextualized language;
• communicative interaction and genuine language development;
• database of essential topic-based vocabulary;
• accommodation of student differentiation;
• for class study, self-study, or for home reference;
• includes full answer key.
am / is / are: the verb be 1
there is / there are / it is / they are: the verb be 2
The present continuous
I / you / we / they: present simple 1
he / she / it: present simple 2
can / can't (cannot) / could / couldn't: modal verbs
some / any: quantity 1
how much / how many / a lot / a few / a little: quantity 2
Making plurals: nouns
a / an / the: articles
the: the definite article
this / that / these / those: demonstrat....
Prepositions of time: in / on / at
Prepositions of place: in / on / at
More prepositions of place
Verbs + prepositions
Uses of like
was / were: past simple 1
Regular verbs: past simple 2
Irregular verbs: past simple 3
Present continuous / will (won't) / going to: future
must / mustn't / have to: obligation
Key to pronunciation