Exchange rates for the currency converter are provided by http://www.floatrates.com and are updated daily at 2:15AM UK Local Time. Currency conversion is provided for information purposes only. CIBC is not responsible for any variation in exchange rates provided by the currency converter with those provided elsewhere.
IELTS Advantage: Reading Skills is a fully comprehensive resource for passing the IELTS Academic Reading Test with a grade of 6.5-7.0 or higher. Students who are taking the General IELTS Test can also benefit from the book. This book teaches a range of key strategies for reading more effectively and for understanding texts more easily, such as skimming, scanning and speed-reading techniques , helping students to get a better result in the Reading paper.
Each of the ten units provides a ... [more]variety of long and short texts that cover major topic areas likely to appear in the exam. Each unit is divided into different sections to help students:
• get to know the many question types and how to approach them
• develop skills to cope with the amount of reading in the test
• learn strategies which help in making the most of the time in the exam
• develop vocabulary and collocations, with particular attention paid to synonyms and paraphrases, essential for a good exam result
• Suitable for classroom study or self-study
• Includes answer key
• Includes additional sections to help students with core skills needed for IELTS:
• Useful websites for hours of IELTS reading practice
• Problems to avoid when filling in the answer sheet
• Tips for effective vocabulary skills
• How to get the most from your dictionary
• A summary of IELTS tips
• How this book helps prepare for the other IELTS papers [less]