Moving into Mechanical Engineering is a course for college and university students who need English for their continuing education. It caters for pre-intermediate learners who want to study more effectively and to prepare for a career in mechanical engineering. It combines carefully controlled development of English-language skills with coverage of key aspects of mechanical engineering.
• Communicative activities encourage students to become confident, effective comm....
• A wide range of topics introduce students to the most important and interesting areas of tourism.
• A graded approach to skills enables students to use English effectively. The course teaches transferable skills that students can use both in their wider studies and in their future careers.
• Key vocabulary from the world of mechanical engineering is highlighted for easy reference and revision.
• Grammar is carefully matched to the skills that are practised in each unit, and students are introduced to the most common language patterns and tenses. An additional Grammar reference section provides extra support.
• End-of-unit round-up sections provide personalized activities, project work and a self-assessment checklist.
Changing the world
The skills you need
Working with machines
Fit for purpose
Starting and stopping
Inspiration and perspiration
Now you're talking
How to get a good job