Framework First - Academic Writing and Critical Thinking is a lower level of the course book - Framework.
This new level includes:
• Writing skills: Organising paragraphs;the writing process; academic style;giving opinions; describing a graph; describing devices/machines; describing past events
• Critical thinking: Asking questions; checking facts; academic values; giving reasons;'lazy thinking';using evidence; the scientific method;'thinking about thinking'
[show more]Language: Sentence building;cohesion in a paragraph; types of clause; language of science; past/present tenses; passive sentences;expressing the future; linking words
• Vocabulary building: Prefixes; word families; synonyms and antonyms; participles
• Academic and general interest topics: Advertising; natural and man-made disasters; perfume; innovations (drones, electric cars domestic robots); biographies
• Level: Framework First is a course aimed at: IELTS - 4 to 5, CEFR - A2 to B1